JAMB CAPS Admission Status Guidelines: Meaning Of Accepted, Not Admitted and RECOMMENDED
JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS GUIDELINES
1. Most of the Candidates have seen ‘NOT_ADMITTED’ notification on their JAMB CAPS PORTAL which simply means that they have not been offered provisional Admission at their Institution of choice.
2. Do not click on the ‘ACCEPT‘ icon until your Admission status changes to ”ADMITTED“. Note that by clicking on the ‘ACCEPT‘ it means you’ve accepted a non-existent Admission.
3 By the time your desired institution releases its admission list, you will see both “ACCEPT” and “DECLINE” icons.
4. You are also not allowed to click on the ‘ACCEPT ‘ icon until you have received an admission notification from the institution of your choice.
5. To those who have already clicked on the ‘ACCEPT‘ icon, your action implies that you have agreed and accepted the Course, and Institution Choice, so you won’t be placed in the JAMB proposed CAPS MARKET PLACE.
6. Candidates should wait for their institution of choice to release its Admission list, which would change their CAPS ADMISSION STATUS from, ‘NOT_ADMITTED’ to ‘ADMITTED’ then the choice is yours whether to click on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon or ‘DECLINE‘ if you don’t want.
7. But if by then it still shows ‘NOT ADMITTED’, then youwill surely be placed in the CAPS MARKET PLACE i.e waiting for schools that couldn’t meet up with their Admission Quota to admit you on request.
8. Lastly, for those who have already clicked on the ‘ACCEPT‘ icon, all you could do to help yourself is to keep praying and hoping to get another chance, for you have automatically disqualified yourself from being returned to the CAPS MARKET
PLACE if you were not later admitted.
The step by step procedures to access JAMB CAPS
1. Visit http://jamb.org.ng/efacility
preferably using a PC or chrome browser on mobile.
2. Login with the credentials( email and password) you created your jamb account with.
3. After successfully logging in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page.
4. You’ll see CAPS under the tag ‘Admissions’. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
5. If the page only shows ‘welcome’, do not be discouraged. Just click on options on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view’. This is why it’s preferably to use a PC.
6. You’ll see some options listed at the left-hand side. Click on ‘Admission Status’.
7. It’ll then bring your details.
If you’ve been admitted, you can either ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’.
If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. 😀